Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A temporary detour to Frankfurt, Germany

 About 10 days after arriving in Liberia, I suffered a small stroke.  We were flown with Dr. Elmer, the West Africa Medical Advisor, to Frankfurt, Germany for diagnosis and treatment.  Every conceivable test known to medicine (inside & out) was performed and it was confirmed I had suffered a small stroke of unknown cause.  I became well acquainted with German hospital food.
 While I was enjoying hospital food, Judy had opportunity to tour the beautiful Frankfurt countryside.
A wonderful blessing of going to Frankfurt was attending an endowment session in the Frankfurt temple.  It was thrilling to hear the session in German.  I served my first mission in Switzerland.  It was a fantastic experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment